Monday, April 23, 2012

Little Bridge Resort: Beautiful Sunset




Earlier this month, we went on a random trip to Taal, Batangas just to unwind and to make the most out of the holidays and the summer vacation of the kids. 

Main reason of going though this trip is to go swimming and enjoy the beach.  My excitement was however on checking the town - old houses and of course, the famous cathedral. I've been to Taal thrice and I can never get enough of the old Spanish colonial architecture, the grandeur of the Taal's St. Martin of Tours Basilica and the magic of the Our Lady of Caysasay's well

We stayed at The Little Bridge Resort.  I didn't have any hand on planning this trip and as mentioned, it was pretty random, we just went on not questioning where we're going. Yeah, there's a hint of disappointment there because we never get to try swimming in the beach - it was super crowded and the water doesn't seem clean.



Thankfully resort was clean and looks well-maintained.  The staff are also friendly and accomodating.  We stayed in one of their cabanas - we requested for extra mattress since there were around 7 kids and 15 adults in our group. I didn't believe we could fit in one cabana, but we made it happen.  I love how huge their pillows and how soft yet firm their mattresses are, plus their AC was working really well. 

Photo courtesy of The Little Bridge Resort


So aside from our disappointment with the beach, we still had a lot of fun - the kids especially.  The resort's pool was clean (I think they had a total of 4 big pools) and I love how it made me swim long laps.


Photo courtesy of The Little Bridge Resort


I actually had a lot of fun in the waters I wasn't able to get a lot of pictures... but I was lucky to have gotten my camera from the cabana in time for the sunset.   That was one of the highlight for me - the beautiful sunset. 




We never get to explore the town though, which was really ok since Taal is just a few hours drive from Manila, we can always go back.  There were too many of us and we left the resort at around noon, it was too hot to roam around with kids in tow. We just decided to drop by Calaruega on our way back to Manila - that's a different story I have to write about.

At the end of the day, it's the company that makes every vacation fun and memorable. I will never get tired of doing these trips. ;)

2 comments: