Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Vigan: Pagburnayan Experience


We didn't really have any itinerary prepared when we went for a quick getaway to Vigan.  I just wanted to see the old churches and just chill in Calle Crisologo.  The side trip to the Pagburnayan was courtesy of our kutsero. 

I was pleasantly surprised when he brought us to the Pagburnayan where I get to experience making a burnay or an earthen ware pot. Entrance is free. 





We were lucky because we got there when there were no other tourists and I got to take my time learning from the workers.  It was difficult putting the right amount of pressure on the clay while at the same time making sure it's wet enough and the wheel doesn't stop turning. Pottery is an art and not an easy one.  




Before we left though, a hoard of tourists arrived and lo, we got to have a picture with Congressman Crisologo, too. 


Ignorant me was hoping to bring the pot that I made but it still needs to be sun dried then baked in an oven before you can even use it. Hahaha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment