Monday, October 22, 2012

The National Museum of The Philippines





The National Museum of the Philippines  is offering free entrance for the whole month of October, we, of course, decided to take advantage of it and took the kids to a mini field trip yesterday. 



It was also J's first time to visit the National Museum and he got all the teasing from me because I couldn't believe that they did not even have a field trip there when he was still studying.  Anyway, I personally think that all students of the country should experience visiting this museum. 



we love stairs and huge windows



Chean and Jaja

Some of the exhibits were pretty 'ordinary' for someone like me who spent half of my life in the province but I think it was pretty educational especially for the batoots since they all grew up here in the city.
One unforgettable piece was that heirloom rosary made of ivory and gold... I mean, man, how regal can you get?! Ivory and gold! My favorite section however was that of the huge jars and Chinese plates. It was fun imagining how the people before us used them for their daily lives... they were very intricate.

It was a kakaibang weekend for the fambam...needless to say, we all had fun. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment